Condition Based Monitoring
Condition Based Monitoring is a maintenance strategy that allows to monitor the actual condition of an asset, extracting information to understand the machines' actual wear, degradation and if a relevant change has occurred.
Periodically wake up à capture vibration data à Perform Spectral analysis and binning à Apply user-configured spectral thresholds à Wirelessly Report Pass/Fail & Status data à Sleep and conserve energy.
ConnectedThinks IoT & analytics platform enables CMB in an
efficient and user-friendly way through enterprise level data storage,
analytics, automated determining of key-indicators and providing configurable
alerts to multiple end-points.
- Cost Sensitive
- Ease of deployment for on-prem & offline setups such as remote installations
- Useful for quickly detecting wear-out of components like bearings, gears, chains, belts, brushes, shafts, coils, and valves
- Easier for the product or equipment manufacturer to bundle as part of offering
- Calibration process is manual, error prone and difficult to test. Differing deployment conditions and load conditions demand separate calibration
- High sensitivity sensors needed
- Stringent thresholds result in false or too many alerts and results in critical alerts being missed
- Lenient thresholds result in some damage occurring before issue is detected
- No easy way to determine Remaining Useful Life (RUL). Difficult to integrate data from multiple sensors and equipment logs